Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring

Spring rallied last week with 3 bright sunny days and a 64 degree afternoon. Just when the tulips thought they had their chance, BAM! - It snowed. The northwest is definitely unpredictable at times, but I love the fact that one day we have mild, balmy weather and the next you are layering fleece and pounding cocoa.

The awful seasonal reminder did come last week as well - It's allergy season. The dreaded hay fever, itchy eyes, scratchy throat, and sneeze-o-rama ensued just when mother nature relaxed. Bummer, will have to endure the next few months with sprays and eye drops...

Hey, I heard the recession is over? But then I read that a local company just laid off 36 folks due to declining sales. A local medical device manufacturer has dropped revenues in the millions - according to them they can no longer bill insurance for their products under the health care reform legislation. I guess we are seeing some of the negative aspects of that. However, I did speak to some local ladies who just started a B2B services company that got $1.3M in funding... They'll be hiring I am sure... Not sure what to make of the inconsistency overall. It is still a struggle for a lot of companies, ourselves included. Whatever you do, don't quit. Some people want you to quit. They want you to lay down and whimper so they can say 'I told you so.' I don't play that game. Pull your hair back and let them have it...

Talk soon, Will

No comments:

Post a Comment