Saturday, February 19, 2011

Snow!

I try not to play hooky from work often. In fact, I rarely take time off during the week for much of anything, even Dr. appointments. Yesterday was the exception. My 12 year old son and I traveled through the Columbia River Gorge en route to Mt. Hood. We were set on trekking across Timberline Lodge and snowshoeing a few miles on Timberline's dedicated trails, and it was just what we anticipated.

Perfect day for shoeing, light snow falling, temp around 28 degrees, and soft airy snow throughout the trail system. We hiked about 4 miles total, not a huge number, but for Noah's first trip I was thrilled to get that far without complaint. In fact, he enjoyed every minute of it and could have done more most likely. I think I have a partner for this activity from here on out. Word to the wise, it is not flat, and you do share the trail at times with snowboards and skis.

I have to put yesterday behind me now and get ready for a road trip to the VDTA trade show. Packing up the trade show booth today and heading out Monday. Doubt I'll get any snowshoeing in next week! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment