Saturday, October 8, 2011

I'm a Parent

Sometimes I screw up. Simple as that. When the time comes for a logical, comforting lesson to be taught it is often replaced with a combative eruption of parental angst. Can't help it, sorry for the occasional messy verbiage aimed at the heart of my two youngsters. My patience, and my temperature, can sometimes overheat. I wonder how many of those times are remembered vs. the times I am truly compassionate and instructive.

I'll be taking on some meditation this next week. Heading to China on Saturday to see factories and thought I might consider resting the mind since I won't have the home duties, perhaps saunter over to a monastery and have the monks revisit my temperament. An oil change and new air filter (poor use of terms in China) could be good for me, heh?

Do you folks ever lose it once in a while? Not often, just that one time that you know it is building like a water balloon stretched to its limit, close to bursting, then the massive eruption. It's like slow motion - you know it is coming but you can't stop it! Like a car accident. Lays out in front of you like barf after a bender, full viewing of the mess you created. Well, time to clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment