Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Traveling

In Spokane today, hijacking a colleague's desk to write while I wait for his exit from a staff meeting. Love this town. Cool architecture, history, landscape. Working on some great product with his team to launch for their fall collection.

I am not a good traveler. I got it from my mom. I hide it well, though, so I don't scare my kids and wife at the aeropuerto. I wiggle in my seat. I always have to pee. I get hungry in front of snack bins, creating a carbfest that produces a pseudo-diabetic coma. I sit on one cheek too long and exit with a new curve to my spine.

I think airports are cool, though. Totally fun people-watching and a great place to pick up the latest strain of the flu. I like the idea that at any time the plane could crash. Keeps you on your toes, or, cheek.

I was once in an airport in China where my temperature was taken 4 times before I got my baggage. Fortunately, they use forehead scanners, and not a posterior probe. That would have been interesting. The lady in 23C would not have taken well to that. I don't think the scanner would have, either.

Anyway, would much rather travel by car to be honest. I like to see the countryside and explore the small towns along the way. I can also stop to pee whenever I want, which is good. And I don't need my temperature taken.

Hopefully can stop in to see an old friend today if time permits. Nature's Pet Markets in Spokane and Nine Mile. Support your local pet stores!

No comments:

Post a Comment